What is Telehealth?
Online therapy has been proven to be as effective as in-person therapy. However, you should contact your therapist or health care provider first to determine if online therapy is right for you. Here are some benefits or advantages of online therapy or teletherapy:
- Easier access: Clients who live in remote areas or who have limited mobility or limited access to transportation may be more motivated to participate in online therapy.
- Reduced cost: Online therapy eliminates the costs associated with travel time and gas.
- More consistent therapy: Online therapy decreases absences due to poor weather conditions or sickness, allowing clients to participate in therapy on a regular basis.
- More intense therapy: Online therapy can be scheduled more frequently, as clients do not have to commute long distances.
- Increased progress: Since online therapy provides more intense therapy, it can accelerate progress.
- Better access to specialists: Online therapy can allow individuals in remote areas to get help from specialists who may not be available in their geographic location.
- Psychological comfort: Online therapy can help with eliminating the social stigma related to receiving mental counseling or other therapy.
- Flexibility: Clients have access to more specialists and can select the specialists who can work with their schedules.
EmPowered2Shift uses Doxy.Me for all telehealth sessions. Telehealth is the use of video and audio technologies to support long-distance services between providers and their clients. Our backup platform is Zoom!
What equipment do I need to join a session?
A computer, tablet, or phone (no applications or software to download).
An external or integrated webcam.
An external or integrated microphone.
An internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 MBPS. We recommend an Ethernet cable over Wifi when possible to ensure you receive the best possible connection through your internet provider. You can check your internet speed here.
Shut down all background applications to ensure Doxy.me receives the majority of your internet’s bandwidth, especially applications that use your camera.
Do I need a specific internet browser?
If you’re using a Desktop or Laptop, we recommend:
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari
We recommend the below if you’re using a tablet or mobile phone:
Android – Google Chrome
iOS 11 or newer (iPhone or iPad) – Safari
How do I join our session?
You will be given a code from our assistant to use Doxy.me after your appointment is scheduled. There is only one link and no password to enter the waiting room.
Will our sessions be recorded?
If you have any other questions about Telehealth, please email firstname.lastname@example.org