Updated August 3, 2021
We are currently in the process of becoming an Out of Network provider for all insurances. These changes are due to a careful analysis of the additional cost of providing care that has increased in recent years due to insurance complexity and overhead costs that continues to raise each year without financial increases from insurance companies. We will keep this site updated. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our admin team.
What does that mean?
- As an Out of Network Provider for insurance companies, the patient is responsible for paying for services up front. (See rates below)
- As a courtesy, our practice will continue to submit claims to you at no additional cost or time for you. (It will cost our agency to submit claims for you). If you have secondary insurance, it will be your responsibility to submit your claim to them after your claim has processed with your primary insurance company.
- Once claims are submitted, your insurance may reimburse you for some of the costs depending on your Out of Network insurance benefits. How much they pay and when they pay is at the discretion of the insurance company and not our responsibility after being submitted. Our agency will not follow up with your insurance to assure that you receive payment. Typically, within two to three weeks your insurance will send you an EOB (Explanation of Benefits Letter) after we submit the claim.
Out of Pocket/Self Pay Rates:
Individual Assessment: $250.00 for 60 minutes
Individual Session: $200 for 50 to 55 minutes
Currently, we are not offering any couples’ counseling until further notice!
We currently accept the following insurances. Below are tentative dates for when we will be out of network. For insurances that you do not see we will not submit to those insurance companies instead, we will provide you with a Super Bill for you to submit to your insurance company:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield—- all BCBS plans except “State Health Plan” we will be ONN effective 10/22/2021
- Blue Cross Blue Shield for “State Health Plan”—estimated date February 3, 2022
- Tricare East———————— Out of Network effective now
- United Health Care————–estimated date October 26, 2021
- Optum——————————-estimated date October 26, 2021
- GEHA——————————–estimated date October 26, 2021
- Aetna———————————out of network effective now
- Cigna———————————Out of Network effective now
- Medicare Part B——————- effective now, you will not be reimbursed by this provider
- Multiplan—————————estimated date is October 26, 2021
- Medcost—————————–Out of Network effective now
If you would like for us to assist you in verifying your benefits, please email us a picture of the front and back of your insurance card, your photo ID, with your full name, DOB, and email address. Please note that due to the long wait time and number of inquiries we receive daily it can take between 24-48 hours to verify your benefits.
If you would like for this process to be a little quicker, please call your insurance to verify your mental health benefits. We have found that potential clients’ who call receives a response more quickly than we do. Below are the following questions that you can ask them.
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have Out of Network Mental Health Benefits? If so, how much will I be reimbursed for each session?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician for services to be covered?
- If they ask for a specific billing codes, you can provide them with code 90791 and 90837.
If you still need assistance or help, please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate you. Our goal to is make your experience as smooth as possible.
PLEASE NOTE: * Your representative may give you or us, EmPowered2Shift Pllc. the incorrect information about your responsibility of payment.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you!